- The Lap A Leprechaun 5K Run and Family Fun Walk was held Saturday, March 11.
- Musical Offerings Sunday, March 12 – The 10:45 service included several musical offerings in thanksgiving for the many wonderful musical instruments which have been generously donated to enrich our liturgies.
- Vestry and Administrators’ Training led by Canons Frank Logue and Katie Willoughby and a Communicator Roundtable led by Ann Iredale, Director of Communications for the Diocese of Georgia, was held Sunday, March 12.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Saturday, March 18, to celebrate the feast day of our patron St. Patrick was held in the Parish Hall.
- Sunday, February 5 – Annual Episcopal Parish Meeting
Sunday, February 5 – Souper Bowl of Caring. Each year as the Super Bowl comes, we collect food and donations for Albany’s Neighbors in Need as part of the national Souper Bowl of Caring. Additionally, because it is on the first Sunday of the month, we incorporated this into First Sunday Brunch. We had a chili cook-off in addition to the regular food offerings.
- Presentation of the Parish Survey, February 12 – A joint Episcopal and Lutheran service was held at 10:45 a.m., with the survey results presented following the service during First Sunday Brunch. This event was well attended.
- Tuesday, February 28, Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, 6 p.m. in the Parish Hall. This was the church’s final social event prior to the beginning of Lent.
Special Eucharist for Storm Victims
The regular Wednesday evening service at St. Patrick’s for this week was canceled in order for our clergy and parishioners to participate in a special Eucharist being hosted at St. Paul’s Episcopal in downtown Albany. This also included a healing service and a supper. Everyone was invited; folks were asked to bring a covered dish or other food item. There were boxes to pack up any leftovers for those needing lunch and dinner the following day. People can bring canned food or other supplies for the victims of the weekend’s storm; they can also give checks earmarked for St. John/St. Mark’s, since that church’s campus was damaged by the storm, or they can contribute checks or gift cards to be used for the benefit of those who are homeless or in need in the aftermath of the storm.
Friday, January 6 – The Annual Epiphany Party at 6 p.m. at the home of Sandra Rowe, Please RSVP – there is a signup sheet located in the Parish Hall. Please bring heavy hors d’oeuvres and desired beverages.Canceled because of the severe damage in Albany area and the curfew. Our prayers are lifted up for all affected people. Annual Parish Meeting – Sunday, January 8, including elections for three Vestry members, during the brunch immediately following the 10:45 a.m. service. A brief Vestry meeting will follow immediately after the Parish Meeting.Out of respect and consideration for our members who have been hugely inconvenienced or even displaced from their homes this past week by the severe storm damage, the First Sunday Brunch and Annual Parish Meeting that was scheduled for this Sunday, January 8, will be postponed until the first Sunday in February (February 5). However, the 9 a.m. and 10:45 worship services will be held as scheduled, with a focus on how we can continue to help in our city’s recovery.. Our prayers continue for relief as quickly as possible in these areas that were hit so hard!
- Snackin’ With the Rev, January 15, 6 p.m. Meet with the Interim Rector at a casual local restaurant, hang out, and enjoy low-key conversations on topics of your choice. This event was held at Five Guys in November, but is in need of a new location; the Rev eagerly awaits your location suggestions.